-
September 6th, 2001, 03:00 PM
#21
Hanthx
Guest
Ive never had a problem with Walmart (via Dwynes), but Ive learned not to ask the employees behind the counter about Super 8 processing.
Just fill out the envelope, write down "Movie Film Cartridge" in the special instructions area, and come back in two weeks. Ive actually had my film come back in less than a week!
Just look at the drop off stand pamplet, it says "Movie Film processing" in the 2 week send out, cool.
But...now that Ive learned that the pk-59 mailers can be bought for virtually the same price, I might go this route. It may take longer, but what the hell.
On a funny note, out of all the posts that I have read about trying to find cheap ways to process your film...its never been menitoned that pk-59 mailers can be bought for a real bargin...
How many people have been paying "up the ass" prices for their Kodachrome and Ektachrome processing.
Thanks for the info. Matt!
Scott
by the way, I believe Walmart via Dwaynes cleans and lubricates the film too.
------------------
-
September 6th, 2001, 07:37 PM
#22
Matt Pacini
Guest
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cameraguy:
[B]
"Just to clear up some potential confusion. DO NOT send the current Ektachrome 7240 in a pk59 mailer. Kodak does not process the stock. "
(Matt Pacini responds):
Since when?
I've sent over 100 Ektachrome rolls using PK-59's to Kodak, and they came back developed.
Granted it's been a couple years, but I sent both K-40 and Ektachrome 160 & 125 with no problems.
When did they stop?
Do you know this for an absolute fact?
Who/where did you hear this from?
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
September 6th, 2001, 09:56 PM
#23
Shenan
Guest
Matt,
I've read this somewhere else as well. I thought it was the Kodak site, so I looked again and here is what I found so far:
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/super8/film.shtml
Under Ektachrome VNF 7240 it says:
"Independent laboratory processing is required for this film."
There might be more information there but I haven't found it so far.
------------------
-
September 7th, 2001, 12:57 AM
#24
cameraguy
Guest
I'm positive, do not send the current Ektachrome 7240 in a pk59 mailer you must use a independent lab. The now discontinued Ektachrome 160 is totally different and yes you could send those in them before. They may still do the older stock but am not sure.
------------------
-
September 7th, 2001, 06:42 AM
#25
Matt Pacini
Guest
All I know is that I sent in Ektachrome 125 (the new stuff) as well as the 160, in PK-59's and they came back, just like the Kodachrome.
Actually, I just remembered somthing!
I shot some sync tests as recent as a couple months ago, on Ektachrome 125, and sent them in with PK-59 mailers, and they came back developed!
This is after I read the same warning on their website, but ignored it.
P.S. I have never used an outside lab for Kodak film.
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 05:12 AM
#26
c_77
Guest
Hello Everyone,
I don't want to sound redundant but I think that JavaPhoto.com, uses the PK-59 for Ektachrome too! I always thought they developed it independently, in-house. I came down on them pretty hard because I sent them some film on Aug. 19th and still haven't gotten it back yet...Rick at Javaphoto responded by saying that they outsource the film (Kodachrome AND Ektachrome) as always, and it seems to be taking longer based on decreasing worldwide demand. I'll bet they are just sending it to Kodak in Switzerland, wouldn't you?
Thanx, Chris
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 11:32 PM
#27
Matt Pacini
Guest
I keep telling everyone I've sent Ektachrome in PK-59 mailers and gotten back processed film, but nobody believes me!
Also, it usually takes two weeks, sometimes even 10 days, but I sent a PK-59 off September 3rd, and haven't gotten it back yet.
So, since the terrorist attack, quick shipping from the US is a thing of the past, I think...
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
September 26th, 2001, 01:44 AM
#28
Hanthx
Guest
Someone gave me a roll of ektachrome 160 (exp 97) and Im going to send it off via the mailer...I will let you know my results.
Chow!
Scott
------------------
-
October 7th, 2001, 07:57 AM
#29
Alex
Guest
Any news yet Scott?
------------------
Alex
-
October 8th, 2001, 05:36 AM
#30
Hanthx
Guest
Sorry Alex and Gang...
havent had the chance yet, school has got me by the balls and I haven't had the time.
On the back of the mailers I have, it says that I can either send K40 film or Ektachrome 160 ( I still have a roll!)
so when I do send it out (Ekt 125) I give you the results.
Scott
'damn im tired'
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks